Keto Air Fryer Churros are crisp and delicious, gluten-free, paleo, low-carb air-fried churros with a dusting of cinnamon and sweetener.
These are perfect for a sweet snack or dipping in melted keto chocolate.
My son always says the best thing about going to Costo is the giant churros. He says they are excellent because they are not greasy but still crisp.
I don’t shop at Costco, but he has been there with relatives when out of town.
We have a Costco, but it is a long trip, and the traffic to get there would make that trip even longer.
Not to mention, the churros here have enough sugar and carbs to annihilate your keto diet. So, it is best that I don’t even venture there.
I should make some keto air fryer churros that I could enjoy with my family.
I know the air fryer will give the churros a deep-fried crispness without being greasy.
This recipe was inspired by my Cocoa Cinnamon Roasted Almonds recipe on this site.
Ingredients list for shopping
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Coconut Oil
- Powdered Low Carb Sweetener
- Ground Cinnamon
See the printable recipe card for quantities.
To a medium bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, xantham gum, sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and whisk. Reserve.
Bring a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the water and coconut oil. bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let it rest for 3 minutes. Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan, stirring with a rubber spatula.
Add the egg and mix well until incorporated.
Scoop the dough into a piping bag with a large piping tip.
Cut to size a parchment paper smaller than your air fryer basket. Pipe the dough nto small stick shapes onto the parchment paper.
Remove from air fryer and dust with sweetener and cinnamon over the warm churros to coat and serve with melted keto chocolate chips for dipping if desired.
Hint: Cut to size a parchment paper smaller than your air fryer basket, and place it over the basket, leaving room for the air to circulate. You may also need to air fry in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spices: Be creative and add a tiny bit of ground cardamom or nutmeg to the cinnamon if desired.
I used an air fryer for this recipe.
I also used a pastry piping bag with a large frosting tip.
The churros will last up to 2 days stored at room temperature but is best to consume the churros within 24 hours.
The churros don't stand up well to refrigeration (which makes them soggy) or freezing.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Air Fryer Churros
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup of Water
- 1½ tablespoon Coconut Oil refined for high heat
- ¼ cup Powdered Low-Carb Sweetener, of choice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoon Powdered Low-Carb Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- To a medium bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, xantham gum, sweetener, cinnamon, salt and whisk. Reserve.
- Bring a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the water & coconut oil and bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the dried ingredients to the saucepan, stirring with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg and mix well until incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into a piping bag with a large piping tip.
- Cut to size a parchment paper smaller than your air fryer basket, and place over the basket, leaving room for the air to circulate.
- Pipe the dough nto small stick shapes onto the parchment paper.
- Air Fry at 392ºF (200ºC) for 12 to15 minutes or until the tips are golden. May need to air fry in small batches depending on tthe size of your air fryer.
- Remove from air fryer and dust with sweetener and cinnamon over the warm churros to coat and serve with melted keto chocolate chips for dipping if desired.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes you may also enjoy
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
I would have never thought to make churros in my air fryer even though they're one of my favorite treats ever. These were so easy to make and even better is that they're awesome!
What a TREAT! I love Churros, they are very popular in Texas, and so happy to see a low carb recipe that works for my lifestyle!
Is there nothing better than a warm, sweet and delicious churro? The air fryer is perfect! Quick and easy!
These churros are so easy to make and perfectly crispy and sweet! We love them in our household! Yum!
I love churros and making them in the air fryer is a great idea! Would I be able to use stevia in place of the erythritol?
OMG churros in the air fryer? this recipe is amazing! I am obsessed!