Keto Air Fried Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are a super yummy, comforting, air-fried appetizer, snack, or can be part of the main course.
Perfect for dipping in marinara sauce, tomato sauce, or for serving with low-carb noodles and sauce for an incredible low-carb spaghetti dinner with a cheesy surprise.
Move over high-carb, deep-fried meatballs; these low-carb-breaded and cheese-stuffed, air fryer meatballs are my favorite way to serve meatballs.
These are perfect for dipping in my Easy Keto Marinara Sauce.
Keto Air Fried Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are perfect for dipping!
This recipe was inspired by my Keto Air Fryer Mozarella Sticks, and the meatballs can also be served over low carb noodles, spaghetti squash noodles with low-carb marinara sauce.
Ingredients for shopping
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Grated Parmesan
- Garlic Cloves
- Dried Italian Seasoning Mix
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Mozzarella Ball, or mini mozzarella balls
- Crushed Pork Rinds, unflavored
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine the ground meats in a large bowl gently.
Add the other meatball ingredients.
Combine the ingredients with your hands until mixed.
Roll into 1-inch balls (about 12 balls). Flatten each meatball on the palm of your hand and place a piece of cheese in the center.
Fold the sides of the meatballs to cover the cheese, pressing to make it into a ball. Make sure there are no open seals. Place the meatballs in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400℉ (200℃). Mix all the breading ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove meatballs from the fridge. Roll the meatballs one by one in the breading mixture.
Lightly spray the meatballs with a little cooking oil. Place the meatballs into the Air Fryer basket, and cook for 12 minutes (may need to be done in small batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
Remove and serve with shaved parmesan, more chopped parsley, or marinara sauce for dipping.
Hint: If your air fryer basket is smaller in size, then you may need to air fry the meatballs in two separate batches.
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Ground Pork- instead of ground pork, you can use ground beef for the entire recipe. So instead of using ½ lb ground pork + ½ lb ground beef, replace with1 lb ground beef.
- Ground Beef- instead of ground beef, you replace the ground beef with more ground pork.
- Spicy - add extra chili pepper flakes to the meatball mixture for a spicy kick of flavor.
I used an air fryer to make this recipe.
Store the cooked meatballs in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat the oven or air fryer until warm and the inner cheese is melted.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Air Fried Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- ½ lb Ground Beef
- ½ lb Ground Pork
- 1 large Egg
- ¾ cup Grated Parmesan
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning Mix
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes* optional
- 3 tablespoons Parsley Chopped
- 1 Fresh Mozzarella Ball cut into 1-inch cubes (or 11 mini mozzarella balls halved)
The Breading (optional)
- ¾ cup Crushed Pork Rinds (you can also crush whole pork rinds in a zippered bag with a mallet or a rolling pin).
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Combine the ground meats in a large bowl gently.
- Add the other meatball ingredients and combine the ingredients with your hands until combined. Roll into 1 inch balls (about 12 balls).
- Flatten each meatball on the palm of your hand and place a piece of cheese in the center.
- Fold the sides of the meatballs to cover the cheese, pressing to make into a ball. Make sure there are no open seals. Place the meatballs in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400℉ (200℃).
- Mix all the breading ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove meatballs from the fridge.
- Roll the meatballs one by one in the breading mixture.
- Lightly spray the meatballs with a little cooking oil. Place the meatballs into the Air Fryer basket, and cook for 12 minutes (may need to be done in two separate batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
- Remove and serve with shaved parmesan, more chopped parsley or marinara sauce for dipping.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes you may also enjoy
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Such a fantastic recipe. And the best is that it is a healthier version than frying. Love it.
Cheese and meat = amazing deliciousness in my mouth!
These look absolutely delicious! I don't have an air fryer so I am going to try to bake them in the oven.
Mmm, air fried mozzarella meatballs are perfect for parties and dinner! I love to dip fried meatballs in ranch, marinara sauce, mmm....
Quite possibly the best thing ever. I made them for dinner and kiddos DEVOURED them. Ultimate win.