Keto Parmesan Crusted Flounder Fish is a healthy, low carb breaded and baked fish entrée with parmesan, almond flour, and spices.
Low in carbs, gluten-free and primal, this delicious fish recipe is super simple to prepare and has only a few ingredients you most likely already have in your kitchen.
Flounder is a deep-sea, saltwater flatfish that is firm in texture and mild in flavor and taste.
I find that it is a more budget-friendly fish in my area and easy to find wild-caught flounder in the freezer section.
It is also a fish that cooks pretty quickly, making this recipe a fast and easy meal to serve with some steamed veggies.
The Health Benefits of Flounder
- Flounder contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower overall cholesterol levels and good for heart health.
- Omega-3 fatty acids in flounder can help to alleviate some symptoms of depression or mood disorders.
- Flounder fish can improve blood flow to the brain and lower the risk of neurodegenerative diseases.
- The nutrients in flounder fish have been linked to possibly decreasing inflammation.
- Flounder fish is known to be low in mercury and a pregnancy-safe type of fish.
Common Questions About the Keto Parmesan Crusted Flounder Recipe
Yes, you can use Sole or other light, thin, firm fish fillets, but the cooking time may change according to the fish fillets' thickness.
You can use frozen, but you must thaw it first.
You can substitute melted butter for the mayonnaise in a pinch if you don't have any mayonnaise.
Printable Recipe Card Below
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Parmesan Crusted Flounder Fish
- 1 lb wild-caught Flounder Fish thawed if using frozen
- 2 tablespoon Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan Cheese the powdered kind
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400℉ (200℃), and grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine: almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder & onion powder. Set aside.
- Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper on both sides of the fish fillets and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top side of each fish fillet with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle the parmesan mixture over the top of each fish fillet.
- Bake for 15 mins or until fish is done and coating has started to turn golden brown. If the coating is not browning then broil on low for a minute or two if needed.
- Remove from oven & serve.
Carolyn m Malkowski
I'm making this tonight sound's yummy
Thank you so much, Patty, for trying the recipe & taking the time to comment 🙂
Love a simple recipe like this. I'm always looking for new ways to use Parmesan so I can't wait to try this.
I love how easy this fish recipe and how delicious! The parmesan gives it great flavor, and the fish turns out nicely tender.
Sounds simple and amazing, I can't wait to try your recipe next week!
This sounds so simple and delicious, and I love almond flour as a crust!
Yum! Tender, flaky fish and that delicious crust! So good!
We love white fish at our house and this is so wonderful! I love how quick it is too.