Keto Southern Air Fryer Drumsticks are crisp and tender chicken drumsticks that are low-carb breaded and air-fried to perfection.
Low carb, paleo, grain-free & gluten-free chicken drumsticks with only 2g net carbs for two crispy chicken drumsticks.
Move over Kentucky fried chicken; these keto air fryer chicken drumsticks are low carb, paleo and gluten-free, but taste just as crisp and yummy as southern fried chicken.
This recipe pairs well with my Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits recipe.
Using an air fryer is much less messy than using a deep fryer or a deep pan full of hot splattering oil.
You can also make these drumsticks in the oven if you do not own an air fryer.
Ingredients for Shopping
- Chicken Drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- Crushed Pork Rind
- Almond Flour
- Ground Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper
- Mustard Powder
See the recipe card for quantities.
Dip chicken drumsticks into the egg wash. Roll in the low-carb breading with delicious spices, and cook in the air fryer or the oven.
Transfer to a plate or straight to the air fryer basket, or a greased baking sheet if making in the oven.
Cook for 10 minutes, turn over and cook for another 10 minutes or more until crisp and center are tender and cooked.
The juicy tender chicken with a crisp and delicious coating!
Don’t overlap the drumsticks, you may need to cook them in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
To make crushed pork rinds use a rolling pin to crush pork rinds that are placed between sheets of parchment or cling wrap.
- Chicken drumsticks - Instead of drumsticks, you can use bone in chicken wings, thigh or breasts. However, larger thicker pieces of chicken may require a longer cooking time
We use an Air Fryer for the best results, but you can also bake this recipe in the oven.
Store the leftover cooked chicken drumsticks in a sealed container or zippered freezer bag in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the chicken in the oven or microwave.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Keto Southern Air Fryer Drumsticks
- 2 pounds Chicken Drumsticks bone-in with skin
- 1 cup Crushed Pork Rind
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Remove the drumsticks from the fridge 10 minutes before making the recipe and preheat the air fryer or oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Into a shallow bowl or large plate combine the pork rind, almond flour, salt, ground ginger, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, black pepper, and mustard powder. Mix with a fork.
- Combine the eggs and water into a second medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Bread one drumstick at a time, first dip into the eggs, then transfer to the almond flour mixture, rolling from one side to another of the plate until nicely coated. You can use your hands to make sure you don’t miss any spots. Press lightly so the breading sticks to the egg mixture.
- Transfer to a plate or straight to the air fryer basket, or a greased baking sheet if making in the oven.
- Repeat the process with the other drumsticks. Don’t overlap them, you may need to cook them in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turn over and cook for another 10 minutes or more until crisp and center are tender and cooked.
- Remove from the air fryer or oven and serve immediately.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
More keto air fryer recipes
- Cook chicken to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The combo of pork rinds and almond flour is so brilliant! Love all the seasonings too. This was way easier than I expected.
So crunchy and amazing! This is my new favorite way to enjoy drumsticks.