Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits are a super tasty, low carb, cheesy garlic biscuit that rivals a high carb restaurant favorite.
This copy cat version of a favorite biscuit is only 2g net carbs per biscuit.
A perfectly yummy biscuit to serve with your favorite low-carb soups, chili, or any favorite dinner or breakfast.
Before I had to start eating gluten-free & low carb, I remember that I loved going to a particular seafood restaurant.
This restaurant always serves these amazing cheesy garlic biscuits that are so very addictive.
The whole family would get slightly aggressive over the basket of cheesy garlic biscuits.
My mother-in-law, who is such a character, would always stash all the biscuits from the restaurant in her large, tote-bag-sized purse.
I remember being very embarrassed at the time, but now it makes for such a funny & classic memory of my mother-in-law being her quirky self.
It is funny how the things that annoy you the most about a person, can also be what you miss after a person is gone.
Our family loves this, low-carb copy-cat version of cheesy garlic biscuits. They also fight over the biscuits at dinner, which is always a good sign.
Next time I will make a double batch of these biscuits.
Common Questions About the Keto Cheesy Garlic Biscuits Recipe
The xanthan gum is optional and can be omitted. The recipe works fine without it. I do find that it does make a slightly better texture in baking gluten-free bread & biscuits.
You can use jack cheese or pepper jack in place of cheddar if you prefer, but the biscuits will have a different flavor.
I prefer the almond flour in this recipe as coconut flour can be slightly sweet in flavor for this savory type of recipe.
If there are leftover biscuits, then they can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. They can be reheated in the microwave for a few seconds (around20-25 seconds), or a warm oven for a few minutes (3 minutes) before serving.
Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- 1 ½ cups Blanched Fine Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum *optional
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream Full Fat
- 3 tablespoon Butter melted
- ¾ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Garlic Butter Topping
- 2 tablespoon Butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tablespoon Parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ (180℃) and grease the muffin pan cavities of a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and optional xanthan gum.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine eggs, sour cream, and 3 tablespoon melted butter, and mix until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined. It should form a thick sticky batter.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and stir into the batter.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, add about 3 tablespoon of batter into each of the 9 muffin cups (some of the 12 cups will be empty). Use a spoon to spread and fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until tops are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, dissolve and stir ½ teaspoon garlic powder into 2 tablespoon melted butter. Stir in chopped parsley.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with garlic butter while the biscuits are still warm.
- Loosen the sides of the biscuits from the muffin pan with a butter knife and gently remove the biscuits from the pan. Serve warm. Store any leftover biscuits in a sealed container in the fridge.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
Really great! I was expecting them to taste like the keto English muffin (I’m not a fan) BUT these are great! I used almond meal flour and left out the xantham gum.
did these in an air fryer, unbelievable !!!!! Is now a definite staple in our house
Tina, Thanks for trying the recipe and for sharing the air fryer tip. Would have never thought of using the air fryer!
Just made these amazing keto biscuits. I will definitely be making them on a regular basis. Nice and moist and cheesy. Just love them.
Thank you, Laura, for making the biscuit recipe and for your kind words.
Yummy 😋 just made those little cuties for lunch and they turned out beautifully. Wish I could post a picture while they are still hot lol can’t see an option for that😌
Thank you for helping people like me who have a problem with carb😘
Thank you, Asha; I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the recipe. Sorry, I can't have a picture uploader as I would have to hire someone to police that 24/7 because some people would upload some very inappropriate photos and get me in big trouble.
These are lovely. I didn’t have quite enough sour cream but added a little natural yoghurt instead and they’ve turned out really well
Thank you, Lynne, for trying the recipe and sharing your substitution idea 🙂
I just made this they were great loved them we’ll make them again and very easy too.
Mina, Thank you for trying the recipe & for your kind words.
I only have a mini-muffin pan so I got 15 out of it. Oh boy are these good.
Thank you, Preston, for trying the recipe and sharing.
Made em! So yummy
You would never know they are keto/diet. Full of flavor and cooked perfectly. Will make these again!!
These biscuits were so good! My husband and both kids gobbled them up! They said they tasted just like Red Lobster's garlic cheddar biscuits.
Thank you, April, that was what I was going for.
These were absolutely delicious!! Thank you!
Thank you, Jamie, for trying the recipe & for your kind words!
Tried this and loved it. So yummy and delicious.
Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Thank you, Lavenia, for trying the recipe & for your kind words.
Oh my gosh. I love that she took them and put them in her purse! And these keto biscuits look just amazing.
Erin, My mother in law liked to hoard & stash them in her purse so we would not get any of them, and then she would ask the server for more, lol. 🙂
These look great! And sour cream in baked goods gives such great texture.
Errrrrmagawd these are amazing! I used some extra sharp white cheddar and YUMMMMMMM. Also, interesting about the texture and Xanthan gum . . I was never sure why it was used in low carb baking, lol
Good Lord these were amazing! Thank you for this awesome recipe!
Thank you so much, Ang, for trying the recipe and for your kind words.
Biscuits with cheese? Sold!! So much delicious flavor in every bite!
These biscuits have helped me to lose almost 50 lbs. Have been on a Keto diet since September and I make a batch every week. I love them as a mini breakfast sandwich with a little scrambled egg and bacon. Delicious.
Wow, congratulations, Christine!
Savory and delicious! This is a winner everyone in the family enjoys.
So fluffy and delicious!