Keto Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt is a creamy, yummy, lower carb frozen yogurt you can make with or without an ice cream maker.
Frozen, low carb peanut butter yogurt that you serve as a soft-serve style or frozen as a firmer style of frozen yogurt.
Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Memories
When I was a teenager in the early ’80s, I spent the summer vacations from school at my Aunt’s house in San Luis Obispo. I would look forward to my summer break there so much.
San Luis Obispo not only had beautiful beaches and quaint little shops, but they also had one of the first frozen yogurt establishments I have ever experienced.
I tried all the flavors and found that the best flavor of frozen yogurt was always peanut butter.
For some reason, the creamy, tangy yogurt, combined with the peanut butter, was a flavor match made in heaven.
I currently live in the area had a few frozen yogurt shops many years ago, but they all closed a few years ago.
I’m not quite sure why they all closed down. Maybe frozen yogurt is out of fashion, or possibly people have decided that ice cream is superior.
I would agree that ice cream wins over frozen yogurt, except in the peanut butter flavor where I think frozen yogurt shines as the winner.
My favorite keto ice cream recipe "Easy Keto No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream" is also a very good recipe to try.
Since I can’t find a frozen yogurt store nearby & since they never had a low-carb variety of frozen yogurt, I decide to make a simple homemade version.
Even my son, a dyed-in-the-wool ice cream lover & does not like regular yogurt because he thinks it is too sour, loved this keto peanut butter frozen yogurt.
He was shocked that he loved it more than peanut butter ice cream.
Common Questions About the Keto Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Yes, you can also make this recipe using the "no churn" directions to make frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker.
Store in an air-tight container with a lid that works well in the freezer. Once the yogurt has been in the freezer for a while, the frozen yogurt can get hard to scoop, so let it defrost at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping.
You should get a full fat or low-fat Greek yogurt that does not have sugar or fruit added. Try to find a plain unsweetened kind or a vanilla flavor that uses a low-carb sweetener. I used Two Good Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cup Low Carb Greek Yogurt plain or vanilla flavor, (I used Two Good Greek Yogurt).
- ½ cup No Sugar Added Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract if using plain yogurt or use ¼ teaspoon if using vanilla yogurt in the recipe
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Granular Low Carb Sweetener
- ¼ cup Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or Chopped Peanuts *optional for topping
Ice Cream Maker Instructions:
- Pre-freeze the inner bowl of your ice cream maker overnight or until frozen.
- In a large mixing bowl, Stir together the yogurt, heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, and creamy peanut butter until everything is combined. Then vigorously whisk until creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for about one hour.
- Add the mixture into the frozen bowl of your ice cream maker. Churn for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the mixture freezes and set up.
- Serve as soft serve, or add the frozen yogurt to an air-tight container and store it in the freezer for a firmer frozen yogurt. Once in the freezer for overnight or longer the frozen yogurt can get pretty firm so you may need to let it thaw for 15 minutes before serving. Serve and sprinkle with sugar-free chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
No-Churn Instructions (make this without an ice cream maker)
- Pre-freeze a metal loaf pan in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer.
- Using a food processor, process all ingredients except for optional chocolate chips topping. Process until combined and creamy and smooth and creamy.
- Pour or spoon mixture into a parchment paper-lined, pre-frozen metal loaf pan.
- Place into the freezer and freeze for 4 to 6 hours or until as firm as you prefer. Once in the freezer for overnight or longer the frozen yogurt can get pretty firm so you may need to let it thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: