Keto Naan Flatbread is a tasty, low-carb, Middle-Eastern style, slightly puffed flatbread that is very versatile. Only 2g net carbs per flatbread.
Perfect for sandwich bread, a mini pizza crust, dipping in soup, or scooping up dips.
Naan is a leavened flatbread that originates from Iran and is also widely used in India and many middle eastern countries.
Keto naan flatbread differs from pita bread because it is slightly puffy, has no pocket, is somewhat softer in texture, and is more oval-shaped instead of round.
Ingredients Shopping List
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Full Fat Sour Cream
- Large Eggs, room temperature
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Optional Garlic Butter
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh Parsley
See recipe card for quantities.
This keto naan can be brushed with butter or oil and sprinkled with herbs or spices. The possibilities are endless.
I used melted butter with minced garlic to brush on the naan.
I sprinkled my naan with fresh chopped parsley.
Hint: Wait for naan to cool a few minutes before brushing with garlic butter or herb oil.
- Garlic Butter - instead of garlic butter, you can brush with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Parsley - use any spices or fresh and dried herbs you prefer like rosemary.
- Spicy Naan - Add chili pepper flakes to the dough or sprinkle on top after baking and ruhing with oil or butter.
- Garlic Rosemary Naan- Sprinkle with fresh rosemary after bushing with garlic butter.
- Garlic Parmesan Naan - Sprinkle naan with parmesan after brushing with garlic butter.
STORE: Leftover naan can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
FREEZE: Freeze by placing naan in zippered freezer bags or a covered container for up to 2 months in the freezer.
Keto Naan Flatbread
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Full Fat Sour Cream
- 2 Large Eggs room temperature
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Optional Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Parsley finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉ (180 ℃) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sour cream. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and melt in the microwave using 30-second increments until melted.
- Add the egg mixture and melted cheese to the almond flour mixture. Stir together thoroughly until a sticky dough forms.
- Use avocado or olive to coat hands and separate and roll dough into 8 balls using your hands.
- Place dough balls onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and gently press dough balls into oval shapes using your hands or a non-stick spatula.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 8 minutes.
- Brush with optional melted garlic butter (melt two tablespoons butter & mix with two cloves garlic, minced). Sprinkle with optional fresh finely chopped
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove