Keto Tortillas or Wraps are soft, foldable, bendable, low-carb tortillas or wraps that are simple to make.
These low-carb, keto tortillas or wraps are perfect for tacos, breakfast burritos, quesadillas, taquitos, enchiladas, or even used as a sandwich wrap.
This was inspired by my steak taco recipe on this site.
You can make these tortillas larger for burritos or wraps or smaller for taco size.
I love having a soft, bendable tortilla to enjoy on taco night because sometimes I don’t want a lettuce cup taco.
I used a non-stick crepe pan because it is so much easier to flip over a thinner tortilla using a crepe pan, but if you have a flat griddle pan, that would also work out well.
Another tip is to use a large spatula for flipping the tortillas. I used a giant round spatula turner that is for pizza, and it worked out perfectly.
Ingredients For Shopping
- Large Eggs
- Almond Flour
- Whole Psyllium Husks
- Unflavored Unsweetened Whey Protein Powder
- Sea Salt
- Heavy Cream
See the recipe card for quantities.
Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk.
Add all the remaining ingredients and whisk and until a smooth batter forms, while scraping the sides down with a rubber scraper.
Pour ¼ of the batter into the center of the pan, lift the pan and swirl around until the batter is fairly thin and in a circular shape.
Using a large spatula turner, gently slide the spatula under the tortilla and flip over.
Let this side of the tortilla cook until solid.
- Spicy - add a tiny amount of chili powder or chipotle powder for spicy tortillas.
- Sandwich Wraps- You could also add a pinch of garlic powder or other spices to the recipe for added flavor to your sandwich wrap.
- Mexican Food- These tortilla can be used to make quesadillas, tacos, burritos, enchiladas and for taquitos. The uses are endless.
Store the cooked tortillas stacked in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
These tortillas cook very quickly so it is good to flip them over as soon you see the batter bubbling and starting to get light golden. Don't let them burn. It is also important to keep the pan greased even if it is a non-stick pan.
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Tortillas or Wraps
Keto Tortillas or Wraps
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and whisk and until a smooth batter forms, while scraping the sides down with a rubber scraper.
- Grease a non-stick crepe pan or large flat griddle and heat over medium-high.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into the center of the pan, lift the pan and swirl around until the batter is fairly thin and in a circular shape.
- The tortilla will cook very rapidly and once it bubbles and starts to get lightly golden on the underside, use a large spatula turner to slide under the tortilla and flip over. Let this side of the tortilla cook until solid.
- Place tortilla on a plate and repeat the procedure 3 more times (you may need to grease the pan again if the pan gets sticky).
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove