Keto Stuffed Steak Rolls are gluten-free, only 2g net carbs per roll, and stuffed with a super delicious garlic cream cheese and spinach filling.
I used a sturdy 10-inch cast-iron skillet that is oven safe, so I could prepare this gorgeous meal using only one skillet.
It was my first time butterflying a flank steak myself, as I usually ask the butcher to trim the fat and butterfly it for me.
I wanted to butterfly the steak it myself this time so that I could share with you my experience.
I butterflied it without much trouble by following this easy tutorial video.
Mine did not turn out entirely perfect, but it still worked out fine in the recipe. If you can't get a butcher to do it, then don't worry, you can do it yourself, and you don't have it get it perfect looking for it to work.
I decided to fill the steak rolls with sautéed garlic, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, spices, and fresh spinach because I've used that filling in stuffed mushroom appetizers before, and oh my, was it ever yummy!
Common Questions About The Keto Stuffed Steak Rolls Recipe
Yes, you can use skirt steak in the recipe, but cooking times may vary depending on the steaks' thickness.
You can ask your butcher to butterfly the steak for you or follow this easy video tutorial. It was relatively simple to do.
You can use toothpicks or skewers to close to the steak rolls if you don't have any kitchen twine.
If your skillet is not oven-safe, transfer the seared steak rolls to a baking sheet before baking in the oven.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Stuffed Steak Rolls
- 1.5 lb Flank Steak trimmed & butterflied
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach torn
- 5 ounces Full Fat Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley or fresh
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon Avocado Oil or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375℉ (190℃). Butterfly Steak (an easy instructional video on how to butterfly a flank steak) by slicing horizontally across and then pound or tenderize steak until flat but not too thin. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and onion powder. Stir until creamy and combined.
- Season flat steak with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the steak, then layer the spinach.
- Roll up steak and tie with kitchen twine about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Using a sharp knife, slice roll halfway between kitchen twine ties to make pinwheel-shaped rolls.
- Heat a large heavy-duty skillet to medium-high heat (if using the same skillet, then wipe out excess cream cheese from the pan with a paper towel before heating), and add the avocado oil to the pan.
- Add the steak rolls and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Transfer steak rolls to a baking dish, or place the oven-safe skillet in the oven and bake for 12 to15 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak rolls, or until meat reaches about 140℉ to 160℉ (60℃ to 70℃) on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Remove twine, serve & enjoy.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy