Saucy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Low carb, grain free, paleo and simple to make.
Saucy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a simple, low carb, grain free, paleo recipe. Oh man, these were good! These wings are spicy and flavorful with just the right amount of spice. You can always adjust the cayenne spice from mild to bold in the recipe.
My Hubby is a baby about spicy food. He cannot handle spicy at all. He liked these, so they must not be super spicy. If they were at all spicy, then I would have heard the “You’re trying to burn me with hot food!” comment. I am a spicy food lover, so if I were making them for myself, then I probably would use even more cayenne than suggested in the recipe. My older kids want me to make these all the time for them. These were perfect with some homemade low carb ranch and celery.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika or paprika
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp to ¼ cayenne pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Buffalo Sauce:
- ⅓ cup red hot pepper sauce like Frank’s red pepper sauce
- 5 tbsp butter or ghee
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line or oil a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp smoked paprika, 1 ½ tsp sea salt, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder, ⅛ to ¼ tsp cayenne pepper,¼ tsp celery seed. mix together.
- Add chicken wings to the oil spice mixture and toss to thoroughly coat with tongs.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes(depending if it is fresh or frozen wings), turning halfway through with tongs.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt 5 tbsp butter. Add red hot pepper sauce and cilantro. stir and heat to a low boil. Remove from heat.
- Put baked chicken wings in a large mixing bowl and pour buffalo sauce over the chicken and use tongs to toss and thoroughly coat chicken in sauce. Serve with optional low carb ranch sauce
Nutritional Data: Serving size: 2 wings/ servings 7 Calories: 200, Fat: 26 g, Saturated fat: 10 g,Unsaturated fat: 16 g, Trans fat: 0 g, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Net Carbs: 1 g,Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 419 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 20 g, Cholesterol: 124 mg,
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: