Saucy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
These saucy baked buffalo chicken wings are keto, low carb, paleo, grain-free, and so very simple to make.
Saucy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a simple, low carb, grain-free, paleo recipe. Oh man, these are so very good! Just as yummy as my favorite wing restaurant!
These wings are spicy and flavorful with just the right amount of spice. You can always adjust the cayenne spice from mild to bold in the recipe.
My Hubby is a baby about spicy food. He cannot handle spicy at all. He liked these, so they must not be super spicy.
If they were at all spicy, then I would have heard the “You're trying to burn me with hot food!” comment.
I am a spicy food lover, so if I were making them for myself, then I probably would use even more cayenne than suggested in the recipe.
My older kids want me to make these all the time for them. These were perfect with some homemade low carb ranch and celery.
My family also loves these Keto Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings.
Printable Recipe Card Below:
Saucy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon to ¼ cayenne pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- BUFFALO SAUCE
- ⅓ cup red hot pepper sauce like Frank’s red pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoon butter or ghee
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line or oil a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper,¼ teaspoon celery seed. mix together.
- Add chicken wings to the oil spice mixture and toss to thoroughly coat with tongs.
- Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes(depending if it is fresh or frozen wings), turning halfway through with tongs.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt 5 tablespoon butter. Add red hot pepper sauce and cilantro. stir and heat to a low boil. Remove from heat.
- Put baked chicken wings in a large mixing bowl and pour buffalo sauce over the chicken and use tongs to toss and thoroughly coat chicken in sauce. Serve with optional low carb ranch sauce.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional Data: Serving size: 2 wings/ servings 7 Calories: 200, Fat: 26 g, Saturated fat: 10 g,Unsaturated fat: 16 g, Trans fat: 0 g, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Net Carbs: 1 g,Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 419 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 20 g, Cholesterol: 124 mg,
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
On a scale of 1-10 for 'fire', how hot are they? 10= max
Hi Belinda, These are medium heat spicy, not fire hot wings. I would guess about a 5 to 6 on the spicy meter.
Hi Stacey! Found your website yesterday ,this morning went to the Supermarket to buy the ingredients for this Baked Buffalo Chicken wings....i loved it, loved the taste. Im on a low carb,paleo diet and this blew me away,,my boys loved it. I used Vegan butter and decreased the amount by a tablespoon, turned out great!...just waiting for the Jerk chicken to finish marinating in the fridge!!!! will let you know!
Thanks for sharing your recipe, keep sharing! God bless you!
Hi Irene, Thank you so much for trying the recipes and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate the support and feedback. I am thrilled that you and your boys like the Baked Buffalo Chicken Wing. You happened to picked my two very favorite chicken recipes to try. 🙂 God Bless you
If you are a true Buffalonian, you dip in blue cheese. Any recipes for that?
These look delicious! Is it 400cal per 2 wings? That seems high.
Monica, that was a misprint. Sorry, it more like 200 per 2-3 wings, depending on wing size.
These are as good as our local favorite "wing" restaurant. Will make them again and again and again!
Awe, thanks Doreen, you are too kind!
These sound awesome!! I absolutely love buffalo wings!
Thank you Vanessa 🙂
I put mine on a lodge flat griller and crisp them up nice on broil...oh yea
Debbie, I like how your brain works and where you are going with this! I have a heavy cast iron grill pan, and I will hoist it out of the cupboard and try your method!
These chicken wings look heavenly, Stacey 🙂 Thanks for sharing them with us!
Lily, thank you for your kind words 🙂