New and improved “Coconut Lemon Muffin Bars” are an easy, lightly sweet, lemony, anytime treat. They are the same as before, but I added a lovely, lemon coconut frosting and little more lemon flavor.
My daughter said it needed more lemon. She critiques my food like she’s a judge on Top Chef, lol. I think you will enjoyed the improved version even more than the original. Also added a better photo, yay.
I still struggle daily with photography. Why did I never learn to use a camera properly in my life time? I was sure missing out on some creative, but complicated and tedious fun.
These muffin bars are great with coffee or tea. Grain free, paleo, and has low carb options too. Is there any hobby that you never learned, but would like to take on now?
- 2 Eggs.
- 1/4 Cup Milk of Choice . unsweetened Almond milk or Coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice.
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest . grated lemon peel
- 1 Tsp Organic GF Lemon Extract
- 1 Tbsp Raw Unsweetened Coconut Butter melted,
- Cup Sweetener of Choice: 1/4 Maple Syrup for paleo version or 1/2 cup erythritol + 15 drops liquid stevia for low carb version.
- 2 Tbsp coconut Oil or butter melted,
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour sifted,
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda + 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut butter melted,
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted.
- 1/3 tsp organic GF lemon extract or 1 tsp lemon juice.
- tsp Sweetener of choice: 1 1/4 honey for paleo or 15 drops liquid stevia for low carb.
- 1 Tbsp raw unsweetened coconut flakes *optional
- Preheat Oven to 350 F, and grease or oil an 8x8 pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs.
- Add to mixing bowl: milk of choice, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest, melted coconut oil, and melted coconut butter. Stir, and add in maple syrup or low carb sweetener.
- Add, and stir in the pre-mixed baking soda-vinegar mixture ( will be fizzy and foamy).
- Sift in the Coconut four , and stir until clump free and thickened ( should take a couple minutes to thicken).
- spoon batter into prepared pan, spread around evenly.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes, or until middle is firm.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- in small mixing bowl combine all frosting ingredients and stir. if too thick add just a dash more milk of choice.
- spread frosting over the top of bars, garnish with optional raw unsweetened coconut flakes.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb (erythritol+ stevia sweetened) Version: Servings: 9 bars, Serving Size: 1 bar, Cal: 96, Carbs: 4.2 g / Net Carbs: 2.2 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo (maple syrup) Version: Serving size: 1 bar, Cal:121.3, Carbs: 10.5 g / Net Carbs: 8.5 g, Fiber: 2g, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 6.3 g
* nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used.*