Easy Paleo Crust Free Hamburger Pie is an easy to prepare, grain free, low carb and crust free meat pie that is savory and full of flavor. This recipe is similar to my other hamburger pie recipes but if crust free and much easier to prepare with less ingredients. So, you can have this one in the oven fairly quickly. My family liked the crust free, easy version as much as the one with the crust. I have been really trying to make easier to prepare, budget friendly recipes that the kids will still love. The recipe is dairy free but if you can have dairy, then add some optional grated cheese to the top of the pie when it comes out of the oven to make it a cheeseburger pie. This pie is nut free as well, but has a nut meal option for people that can’t tolerate flax meal. My picky eaters had a second helping and were sad when it was gone.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
- The Meat Pie Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and lightly drained
- ½ cup tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal, golden flax has a better taste (can sub with or cashew almond meal, if you can’t have flax) where to buy golden flax meal
- ½ tbsp Italian seasonings, like this one
- ½ tsp sea salt, like this one
- 1 tsp garlic powder, like this one
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- The Pie Topping Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plain (not vanilla) almond milk or coconut milk, or heavy cream if you use dairy
- ½ tsp ground mustard spice,(key ingredient don’t skip), like this one
- ¼ sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional: ⅓ to a ½ cup grated cheese, omit if dairy free
- Preheat oven to 400 F and grease or oil a 9 inch pie pan or dish
- In a large frying pan on medium high heat, brown the ground beef until cooked.
- Pour off a little of the excess grease
- In a large mixing bowl combine the browned ground beef and all the meat pie ingredients. Stir together thoroughly.
- Spoon meat mixture into prepared pie pan and spread around evenly. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the pie topping ingredients. Whisk and beat until combined.
- Pour pie topping mixture evenly over the top of the meat pie.
- Bake at 400 F for 28 to 31 minutes or until top is browning and the center of pie is firm.
- Add optional grated cheese to the top of the pie if desired
- Cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
*all nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used*