Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata-
Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata is a low carb, paleo, gluten free, simple to make, tasty, all in one dish, chicken bake.
This Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata recipe is a quick, go-to meal for me since it is so ridiculously easy to prepare.
It is high in protein, low in carbs, primal and paleo friendly.
Contains no grains or flour, and baked in the oven. The sauce is a lemony, garlic broth with artichokes and capers.
Can also be topped with optional Parmesan cheese. Scroll to recipe card, at the bottom of the page for recipe and directions.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO ABOVE THE POST
A one pan wonder meal..
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 Lemons one sliced thin slices & one cut in half for squeezing.
- 4 Cloves garlic minced.
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice from one lemon.
- 1 Can Artichoke or artichoke heart quarters ( not marinated), drained
- 2 Tbsp Capers (make sure only ingredients are: capers vinegar, sea salt, water).
- 3 Tbsp Butter or Coconut oil.
- 2/3 Cup organic chicken bone broth or broth
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt * optional.
- 1/2 Tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 Cup white cooking wine, *optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place butter or coconut oil in large casserole dish, and place in the preheating oven to melt.
- Slice one lemon in thin slices, and mince garlic, then set both aside.
- Take casserole dish out of oven once butter or oil is melted.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with lemon slices.
- Place chicken on top of lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the top of chicken with: minced garlic, drained capers, sea salt, and Italian seasonings.
- Drain artichokes of water in can, and dump all over the top of chicken.
- Pour lemon juice over the artichokes.
- Pour chicken broth over the top of the whole thing. Pour cooking wine over the dish.
- Cover casserole dish with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is not pink in center.
- Remove, cool slightly, Remove foil and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes to lightly brown chicken. Serve.
- Great served over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.:)
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield: 4, Serving size: 1 out of 4 servings, Calories: 261.6 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 9.5 g/ Net Carbs: 5.5 g, Sugar: 0.4 g, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 28 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*