Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata-
Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata is a low carb, paleo, gluten-free, simple to make, tasty, all in one dish, chicken bake.
This Baked Chicken Piccata recipe is a quick, go-to meal for me since it is so ridiculously easy to prepare.
It is high in protein, low in carbs, primal, and paleo-friendly.
Contains no grains or flour, and baked in the oven. The sauce is a lemony, garlic broth with artichokes and capers.
Can also be topped with optional Parmesan cheese. Scroll to the recipe card, at the bottom of the page for recipe and directions.
A very simple to make, all in one pan meal with amazing flavors.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO
Another easy one pan meal we love is Easy Greek Chicken Bake.
A one pan wonder meal..
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 Lemons one sliced thin slices & one cut in half for squeezing.
- 4 Cloves garlic minced.
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice from one lemon.
- 1 Can Artichoke or artichoke heart quarters ( not marinated), drained
- 2 tablespoon Capers (make sure only ingredients are: capers vinegar, sea salt, water).
- 3 tablespoon Butter or Coconut oil.
- ⅔ Cup organic chicken bone broth or broth
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt * optional.
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ¼ Cup white cooking wine, *optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place butter or coconut oil in large casserole dish, and place in the preheating oven to melt.
- Slice one lemon in thin slices, and mince garlic, then set both aside.
- Take casserole dish out of oven once butter or oil is melted.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with lemon slices.
- Place chicken on top of lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the top of chicken with: minced garlic, drained capers, sea salt, and Italian seasonings.
- Drain artichokes of water in can, and dump all over the top of chicken.
- Pour lemon juice over the artichokes.
- Pour chicken broth over the top of the whole thing. Pour cooking wine over the dish.
- Cover casserole dish with foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is not pink in center.
- Remove, cool slightly, Remove foil and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes to lightly brown chicken. Serve.
- Great served over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.:)
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield: 4, Serving size: 1 out of 4 servings, Calories: 261.6 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 9.5 g/ Net Carbs: 5.5 g, Sugar: 0.4 g, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 28 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: