Keto and low carb, this is a chicken and vegetable pot pie with a cheesy bacon biscuit crust. Only 3g net carbs per serving of this savory pot pie.
This savory chicken pot pie is grain-free, keto, and low carb.
Chicken and veggies in creamy gravy that is topped with a bacon-infused cheesy biscuit crust.
Ultimate low-carb comfort food that will become a favorite recipe.
Oh my goodness, this pie was a hit with my family, and even the veggies were so tasty in the creamy gravy.
This is a healthy pot pie that you can feel good about eating. Loaded with protein, fiber, antioxidants, and healthy fats.
I used a little xanthan gum to slightly thicken the creamy gravy. I used mushrooms, green beans, and celery for the vegetables in this pot pie, but you can also use broccoli instead of green beans.
Also, you could use chopped radishes instead of mushrooms.
You can be as creative as you like by substituting the veggies just be aware if you're eating keto or low carb that some vegetables are high in carbs.
Read this article if you need help in determining which vegetables are low in carbs.
I used a fluffy, low-carb almond flour cheesy bacon biscuit dough instead of a pie crust for the pot pie crust which was an amazing combo with the chicken veggies and gravy.
Because who does not love biscuits with chicken and gravy!
The chopped cooked bacon in the dough is optional but my kids and hubby loved that part.
Printable Recipe Card Below
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Chicken Bacon Biscuit Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie Filling:
- 2 ½ cups Cooked Chicken diced ( can use baked, IP, rotisserie or grilled chicken)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces sliced Mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chopped Celery
- 1 cup Green Beans chopped (or can use chopped broccoli florets)
- ¼ Small Yellow Onion minced
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
Biscuit Crust with Bacon
- 1 ¼ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour Cream Full Fat
- 2 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 slices Cooked Bacon finely chopped or crumbled *optional
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200℃) and grease a casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute onion, minced garlic, green beans, celery, mushrooms, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add heavy cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary and stir.
- Sprinkle the Xanthan Gum on top, bring to a low boil then lower heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the diced cooked chicken and stir. Cover skillet and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in chopped bacon and shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs and sour cream until creamy. Add melted butter and stir.
- Add wet to dry biscuit ingredients and stir until a sticky batter forms.
- Add Add chicken green bean mushroom gravy mixture (make sure to add all the sauce) from skillet to the casserole dish and spread evenly across the dish.
- Drop large spoonfuls of bacon biscuit dough on top of the filling in the casserole dish. Spread evenly using the back of a spoon to make an evn biscuit crust, or leave dough drop-biscuit style.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until biscuit is done in center. Broil for 1 minute to brown biscuit crust.
- Remove from oven, slightly cool, slice and serve.
Made this exactly as posted - except I omitted the mushrooms and added one small diced carrott. I know it changed the carb count a little, but one carrott in eight servings shouldn't hurt too much. Hubby LOVED it, but I thought it was missing something. Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I'll tinker with the seasonings slightly. Otherwise, my husband is still saying "yummy".
Thank you so much, Shirley, I'm thrilled you & your hubby enjoyed the pie.
A perfect dinner recipe for the whole family!
Yummy! Every bite is so full of goodness! So delicious!
This looks amazing! Do you think I could leave out the shredded cheese? I'm really not a fan.
Yes, Donny, you can omit the cheese if you prefer.
This keto chicken pot pie is wonderful and so comforting! I'll be making it more when the weather cools down.
I made this, and it is amazing! It takes a bit of prep, but every bit is worth it as it is all so yummy together! I really love the mushroom mixture, and I love that the crust is so healthy! I originally tried it because I thought my husband would like it, and I'm trying to keep him happy with out new paleo diet... and he went back for seconds... win! It's one that will be on our continual meal rotation 🙂
Rachel @ Grok Grub
Mmmm mmmm looks delicious! When're you next in the city by the way? We should get lunch!
You had me at Bacon Biscuit Crust... 🙂 Looks amazing!