Paleo Chocolate Strawberry parfait is grain-free, keto, low carb and has dairy-free options.
Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Parfaits are paleo, gluten-free, and have low carb, keto, and dairy-free options.
First of all, I can’t say the word parfait without quoting “Donkey from Shrek”. “Everyone loves parfaits, parfaits are delicious!”
Okay, sorry, I had to get that out. But I do love parfaits and their layers of deliciousness.
This recipe has thick and creamy chocolate pudding, coconut cream, or whipped heavy cream and sliced strawberries.
I really enjoyed this recipe, making it, photographing it, and devouring it. It brings me right back to the ’70s, with all its many puddings and Jello parfait recipes.
You can use any type of pudding container for these, but you could also use these fancy parfait cups: Parfait Cups.
If you don't have ripe strawberries available, you can use raspberries instead. You can also not add any berries, and just serve the chocolate pudding and whipped cream or coconut cream as is and have a chocolate parfait.
Recipe and directions at bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse is a low-carb no-bake treat that you will also love.
Keto & Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Parfait Recipe Below
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Parfait
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoon Sweetener of choice: 6 tablespoon coconut sugar, or for low carb use 6 tablespoon Erythritol or other low carb sweetener equivalent
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unflavored unsweetened gelatin 1 envelope
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- WHIPPED TOPPING & BERRIES
- ½ cup coconut cream or whipped heavy cream ( make coconut cream by freezing a can of full fat coconut milk for 30 minutes then open and remove solidified cream)
- Sweetener of choice: 2 teaspoon honey or for low carb use ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- ⅓ cup sliced strawberries
- Place 3 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin over the water and whisk thoroughly with a small whisk or fork until all gelatin is dissolved and lump free. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine: 1 ½ cup coconut milk or heavy cream, 1 beaten egg yolk, 3 tablespoon cocoa powder, 6 tablespoon sweetener of choice, 2 tablespoon coconut oil, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Use a whisk to vigorously whisk all ingredients together while heating. Continuously whisk until very smooth and lump free.
- Turn heat down to simmer and spoon in all the gelatin water mixture. Whisk the gelatin in while simmering. Whisk thoroughly to make sure all gelatin in mixed in and lump free.
- Once completely smooth and combined, remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, pour into one large container, then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until pudding is set.
- Once pudding is set, remove from fridge and stir a little. Divide pudding into four equal servings. Spoon a small amount of pudding into the bottom of four small (2 to 3 ounce) parfait or other type of containers.
- Mix either coconut cream or whipped heavy cream with sweetener of choice. Add a thin layer on top of each chocolate pudding layer. Layer some sliced strawberries on whipped topping layer. Then layer with a little more pudding. Top with a few strawberry slices and a small dollop of whipped topping.
- Serve and enjoy.